The next artist that I am going to tell you about is Luke Bryan. Luke Bryan is a newer artist to the world of country music. He debuted in 2007 with the hit song All My Friends Say. Luke Bryan was born in Leesburg, Georgia, on July 17, 1976. Luke got his first guitar when he was fourteen and after learning to play he joined some bands in his area. This gave him his first taste of performing. Luke had planned to go to Nashville to have his go at country music, but was delayed that decision after his brother passed away. Instead Luke went to Georgia Southern University. In September of 2001, Luke finally moved to Nashville to start his country music career. It took him six years of performing in clubs and bars to record his first hit single to hit country radio.
Luke Bryan has recorded two albums so far, I'll Stay Me and Doin' My Thing. Both of these albums reached number 2 in the US Country charts with the second album selling over 300,000 CDs. Luke has had six singles released to the radio. His first single was "All My Friends Say", which to number 5 in the US Country charts. His next 2 singles did not make it very far in the country charts. His 2009 single "Do I" made it to number 2 in the US Country charts and his next released single "Rain is a Good Thing" made it to number 1 on the charts. His latest single is "Someone Else Calling You Baby" which is 33 in the charts right now. I do not remember hearing the song yet but considering the other songs that I have heard from Luke Byran, I have high hopes for the song. I also like to think that with all the songs about rain and water have helped to contribute to the flooding in Nashville (lol), but all kidding aside "Rain is a Good Thing" is one of my favorite songs about rain.
Luke Bryan has been nominated for many awards since beginning country music. Every time that Luke was nominated so far, he has won the award. From the Academy of Country Music awards, Luke won the Top New Solo Vocalist and Top New Artist for 2009. Then from the CMT Music Awards, Luke won the USA Weekend Breakthrough Video of the Year for Do I. I have high hopes that Luke will win many other awards in the future. I have not seen Luke Bryan in concert yet, but I do look forward for the chance and cannot wait until that time.
Luke Bryan is married, unfortunately for all the single ladies out there. He married his college sweetheart, Caroline Boyer, in December of 2006 and they have two wonderful boys, Thomas "Bo", 2, and Tatum, who was born in August of this year. I do look forward to hearing more of Luke's music and seeing how far he can go in country music.
No comments:
Post a Comment