Monday, November 8, 2010

blog.cmt.com


Today we are going to talk about a top blog about country music, blog.cmt.com.  This is a blog that is put together by the cable channel, CMT (Country Music Television).  This blog talks about many different things that pertain to country music. 

The first thing that we will discuss is about the content of the blog. The broadest of topics that they cover is country music and the artists, with the more in depth topics being the artists, songs, albums, videos, and concerts.  That is not all that the blog talks about, but I have found that they do not really discuss the award shows.  The style that the blog is posted in changes depending on the blog they are writing.  It can be anywhere from in first person, to third person, or having the blog directed to the audience.  The blog has been posting pretty much everyday until this past August.  I am not sure why CMT has not been posting to their blog, but the blog is still rather popular without it.  CMT is pitching their blog to advance and beginner level of country music fans.  It informs that fans as to what is happening and to whom, but also is getting to some detail about what is happening for the real fans to add to their knowledge base. 

The next thing we will examine is the reader engagement of the blog.  The topics that are posted that generate the most conversation are about the country music singers.  Most people like to comment on how they think the country stars are doing.  The style of the posts that connect the best with the readers is when the blog writers write as if they are connected with the singers.  Most of the questions that the readers are asking are pertaining to what is in the blog.  Most of the times readers comment about how they feel about the blog and usually ask if the new songs that are out on the radio are available on iTunes.  There are very few complaints from this blog.  The complaints are about things that readers do not understand about what has happened.  There are different mediums that CMT uses on their main website that can be connected with the blog.  Those mediums are Facebook and Twitter.  This allows many people to know about the updated blogs and what is happening with country music.

Our next topic will be about the design of the blog.  The first impression that I get from stumbling onto the website is that it is a little boring, but as you look further, one can see that the blog actually covers many different topics pertaining to country music.  What I think that CMT has done well was writing their blogs about so many different topics.  I did not know that there were so many topics that pertained to country music.  They also give update about things to watch out for when listening to the artists live.  I think that CMT could have designed the blog a little better.  The thing I hate the most is the brown background.  The background turns me off from wanting to look at the website.  From looking at it, I could not see any options given to the readers that subscribe to it.  But I do think that through Facebook and Twitter, the country fans can see what CMT has posted as far as updates. 

The last thing that I will touch base on is monetization.  Monetization is how one can make money from their blog.  This means that they make money through advertising mostly.  There are advertisers that target this blog.  Those advertisers are Dodge, different movie premiers, Weight Watchers, Sprint, AT&T, and Calvin Klein jeans.  These advertisers have found that many country music fans are adept to like one of these ads and click to find out more information.  The CMT blog also tries to promote different things for their affiliates.  But what I have seen, their affiliates are the country artists and the products that they promote for the artists is their albums, videos, songs, concerts, and the occasional movie.  Overall, I do think that CMT’s blog is a rather good one and can see why it is a top blog for country music.

No comments:

Post a Comment