Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Buy Kenny Chesney's Hemingway Whiskey


Today I am going to recommend you an album.  The album that I recommend that you give a try is Kenny Chesney’s latest album, Hemingway’s Whiskey.  This album was released on September 28, 2010.  My roommate was so excited to get it, she had a countdown leading up to the release.  She was so excited she couldn’t sleep the night before and she ran through Target just to hold it in her hands.  This is Kenny’s 14th studio album that he has released in his career.  When this album came out it was number 1 on the U.S. Billboard chart by selling 183,000 copies in the first week.  Through this release, it gave Chesney his sixth number 1 album, which put him right behind Garth Brooks as a country act with the most number ones.  After the first week, Kenny’s album dropped to number 2 on the charts and since then has been dropping on the charts.  Even though it has dropped on the charts, this album has sold 330,000 copies.  This album is working on selling even more.  This is part of my promotion.  I hope to get you to see how great of a talent Chesney is and buy his album. 



There are 11 singles on this album but if you purchase the deluxe, there are two bonus tracks.  I do believe that if you purchase this album and give it a chance, you will find that you like it.  In my opinion this is one of his better albums.  Before you go judging me, you need to realize a few things about how I form my opinion.  When I get an album, usually I just like to listen to the songs that I know and it takes me a while to grow to like some of the other songs.  But after listening to this album many times (thanks to my roommate), I have grown to like most of the songs on this album.  The first single on this album is “The Boys of Fall”, which was released to the radio before the album was released.  This is one of the singles that I do like because this song has a good feel to it and is a great song about football.  The next song that I enjoy and my roommate thinks it is hilarious is “Costal”.  This song is a great song about summer.  The last song that I am going to talk about that enjoyed listening to on the album is “Hemingway’s Whiskey”, which is that title track for the album.  This is a meaningful slow song that speaks good words about Hemingway’s life. 

Now you are probably wondering where you can purchase this album.  Well there are many different places.  First, if have an iTunes account, you can log on to iTunes and purchase the whole album from their store for $3.99 or if you prefer you can listen to a little of each song and purchase the songs individually.  Another option is to order the CD online from retailers like Amazon, Wal-Mart, or Target.  The last option is to go to a store that sells CDs and buy the CD for about $10.  I do recommend everyone goes out and buys the album.  I do hope that you will give it a chance to change the way that you listen to country music.  I do believe that this album will be the change to Kenny’s country career and that in years to come, he will gain even more steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment