Now we are going to talk about Billy Currington. Billy was born on November 19, 1973 in Savannah, Georgia. Billy has four sister and two brothers. Billy’s first taste of the stage was in junior high when he auditioned for a spot at Opryland and was not picked. But Billy did not give up. After high school, Billy moved to Nashville to pursue his country music career. Billy did not stay in Nashville for too long before moving back to Georgia to sing at a bar. When Billy moved back to Nashville, Billy worked for a concrete company and a personal trainer while pursuing his country career. From working these jobs, Billy got a chance to record some demo tapes and write some songs. Then in 2001, Billy was offered a recording contract.
Since getting his start in 2001, Billy has released 4 albums. His first album, Billy Currington, was released in 2003 and made it to number 17 in the U.S. Country Album chart. His next album, Doin’ Somethin’ Right, made it to number 2 on the U.S. Country Album chart. Billy’s lastest released album, Enjoy Yourself, was just released a couple of weeks ago. I have heard the CD and enjoyed the music on it. Billy has released many singles to the radio in his career. His first single is "Walk a Little Straighter" and this single made it to number eight on the U.S. Country charts. Since then, Billy has had five number one hits. His first number one hit was "Must Be Doin’ Somethin’ Right". Billy’s latest single on the radio "Let Me Down Easy", which has only got to number 46 in the charts but I have great aspirations for the song. I do want to see Billy perform in concert sometime, because what I heard from his songs, I believe that he would be great in concert.
No comments:
Post a Comment